Dear Adoptive Families,
As our adopted children grow into adolescence, our families will face numerous challenges. Recently, I have been researching the attachment process and how it relates to adolescence. During this life stage, our children will become more independent as they discover their own identities. We invite our families to learn about this process with us, and to support one another as much as possible. To learn more please click here.
We appreciate your input on these issues! Thank you!
Teen Girls Go “Home”
Two teenaged girls — adopted through China Adoption with Love in June 1997 — returned to the Chinese towns where they’d been found as newborns to discover what growing up as a girl in rural China might have been like for them. Along with Chinese girls who guided their search, they describe what they learned. A preview of this digital iBook — with videos of the girls learning from each other —is available as a free download. The remaining chapters are being written, with publishing on iBooks Store scheduled for Sept. 2015.
Why Choose China Adoption with Love
- China Expert: China is our only focus and specialty.
- Reasonable Fees: The total cost is one of the lowest in the country.
- COA and CCAA Accredited: We were accredited by the Council on Accreditation 2003-2007 and we are currently Hague accredited. We are accredited by the China Center of Adoption Affairs.
- Full Service Agency: We can place in all 50 states and we provide home study, placement, and post adoption services in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Maine and Florida.
- Prompt response!
- Dedicated Teams: We have bilingual teams in the US and in China. You are never alone in China!
Thank You, Our Children
A letter to our children from Lillian Zhang, Director of China Adoption with Love Inc.
This letter was first published in the agency’s newsletter in 2000. During all these years many parents suggested that I say something on our website to specify the agency’s mission and philosophy. I thought long and hard but still feel I have said it all in this letter. I hope all families who have children from China and who will have children from China also learn from this letter that we are all very thankful to you too! Thank you for your great parenting! Thank you for your enthusiasm and involvement after adoption! ~Lillian Read Letter »
For more information about the Waiting Children's program and CAWLI's Individual List please click here
New Home Study Policy!
We now provide home study services for families in our licensed states who are seeking to adopt from any Hague country, not just China.
New USCIS Forms!
Two new USCIS forms are introduced for use in a Hague Adoption Convention adoption:
- Form I-800A: Application for Determination of Suitability to Adopt a Child from a Convention Country
- Form I-800: Petition to Classify Convention Adoptee as an Immediate Relative
These forms must be used starting April 1, 2008.
Prospective adoptive parent(s), adopting from China, who file(d) Form I-600A or Form I-600 prior to April 1, 2008, may continue to process their adoptions under the current orphan regulations.
Board of Directors
Chairman: Paul Sahovey (adoptive parent)
Members: Annie Chen (Financial adviser), Gail Gordon (adoptive parent), Margret McNeill (adoptee), Carol Schraft (school principal), Stephen Werth (adoptive parent), William Yee (pediatric specialist), Lillian Zhang (non-voting member).